So it’s Friday….which means the weekend is almost here- which means treats!!!! 🙂
As Halloween is just around the corner, I thought I would take a look over on Pinterest for some foodie inspiration for the occasion!
These are so simple to make and they’re delicious!
- 150g salted butter, softened
- 80g light brown muscovado sugar
- 80g granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 225g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200g plain chocolate chip or chunks
- chocolate icing pens (or you can melt chocolate and pipe)
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Add the butter and both sugars into a bowl and blend until creamy. Then beat in the vanilla extract and egg.
- Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt over the mixture and mix in with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir well.
- Using a teaspoon, place small mounds of the mixture well apart on the baking trays. (This is important as they spread and flatten whilst baking!)
- Bake in the oven for 8–10 mins until light brown on the edges and still slightly soft in the centre.
- As soon as they come out of the oven and are still hot, add a few extra chocolate chips on the top of the cookie, to act as the spider bodies.
- Leave on the tray for a couple of minutes to firm up and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Once cool, add 8 legs to each spider, using your icing pen, like I did, or you can melt down some chocolate and pipe them on!
Easy peasy!!!!! 🙂
Hope you enjoyed!!!