Makes: 12 cupcakes
- 175g (6 oz) softened butter or margarine
- 175g (6 oz) caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 medium eggs
- 175g (6 oz) self-raising flour
- Icing (I cheated and used Betty Crocker Vanilla Buttercream icing, however, to make your own, mix butter, icing sugar and vanilla extract!)
- x2 Cadbury’s fudge chocolate bar (sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 170C/ Gas mark 3.
- Mix together the caster sugar and butter/ margarine, until light and creamy.
- Gradually add in the eggs, that you have already pre-whisked. Now add in the vanilla extract and blend together until smooth.
- Now add the flour to the mixture, and again mix until smooth and light.
- Evenly disburse the mixture into cupcake cases and place in the oven for 14-15 minutes.
- After this time, check the cakes are cooked through, by placing a knife into the centre of the cake. Should the knife come out clean, remove the cakes from the oven, and leave to cool for 30 mins.
- Once cooled, ice the cakes and add a few slices of Cadbury’s fudge chocolate for decoration!