Looking for an easy-peasy Halloween treat recipe? I’ve got you covered…..and they’re delicious!!!! 🙂
- 150g salted butter, softened
- 80g soft brown sugar
- 80g white caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 225g plain flour
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 200g plain chocolate chip or chunks
- chocolate icing pens/ chocolate to melt and pipe
- Preheat the oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Put the butter and sugars into a bowl and blend until creamy. Beat in the vanilla extract and egg.
- Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and salt over the mixture and mix in with a wooden spoon.
- Add the chocolate chips or chocolate chunks, and stir well.
- Using a teaspoon, place small mounds of the mixture well apart on the baking trays. (This is essential as once the cookies start to cook, they spread!)
- Bake in the oven for 8–10 mins until light brown on the edges and still slightly soft in the centre.
- As soon as you take the cookies out of the oven, carefully as a couple of extra chocolate chips to the top surface of each cookie, for the spider’s body.
- Leave on the tray for a couple of minutes to firm up and then transfer to a cooling rack.
- Once cool, use your chocolate icing pens, or melt some chocolate to pipe, and draw 8 legs around each of the bodies, to make the spiders!
I made these at Nathan’s, and his scales had broke…. so I had to completely guess measurements, but I did pretty well as they taste gorgeous!
Hope you enjoy them!