Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a lovely weekend 🙂
I know Monday soon seems to roll around, but I have a simple yet sweet treat that might just cheer you up a little and dull those Monday blues! Hope you enjoy!! ❤
🍊 Terry’s Chocolate Orange Flapjacks 🍊
Probably one of the most simple recipes that was ever invented, I wanted to add an autumn feel to a classic- chocolate flapjack! So, why not add orange? Slightly autumnal, slightly festive… and who doesn’t love a Terry’s chocolate orange after all?
There is nothing worse, for me, than reading a post about food, wanting to make it, then realising you don’t have all of the ingredients in your cupboard…..SO, keeping that in mind, I chose a simple recipe, that included ingredients that most people will be able to find lurking around the kitchen.
You will need:
- 150g salted butter
- 3 large tablespoons golden syrup
- 80g soft brown sugar
- 260g rolled porridge oats
- 1 Terry’s milk chocolate orange
- zest of 1 orange
- Preheat oven to 180° and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper, butter, or use a tinfoil container (like I did, as it makes it easier when taking it out!)
- Melt the butter, sugar and golden syrup in a saucepan over a low heat until sugar has fully dissolved.
- Add in 250g of rolled oats and stir well.
- I then added the zest of one orange, so that the flapjack would have a zingy taste too!
- Pour into the baking tin and flatten.
- Bake in oven for 20 mins then leave in tray until cool to prevent crumbling.
- Melt 1 whole Terry’s chocolate orange in the microwave until smooth. I recommend doing this in 20 second bursts to ensure the chocolate doesn’t burn.
- Pour over flapjack and let it chill in fridge. Once chilled completely, you can then cut into pieces.
Let me tell you, these definitely went down a treat, and being so easy to make you can easily pop them in the oven alongside doing the dinner, or if you fancy a quick sweet treat for you and the family!!
Did you see my #shonanicolegiveaway on my Instagram? Make sure you check it out to be in with the chance of winning the products below…