If I was asked to pick just a ‘few’ staple products that I stick to regardless, these would be those. I often change up bronzer and highlighters, but what you see above are usually in my make up kit- wherever I go! Here goes….
From left to right..
- Real techniques ‘blush brush’:an oldie but goodie.. I love this brush, mainly due to the fact that it is so multifunctional. I can use it for powder, bronzer, blusher and even highlighter. I’ve had this brush for ages and the quality is still amazing. Retails for around £8.00
- NYX Brow Gel in ‘brunette’: this is a recent descovery of mine- and with a small angled brush- this is quickly becoming a favourite! Because of the gel-like formula, I don’t even use a setting gel- it’s amazing, and very quick… great if you’re in a rush! Retails for £5.50
- NYX dark circle concealer in ‘fair’: I use this underneath my foundation, applied under my eyes, as it’s very peachy toned- almost acting like a corrector. It’s formula is so creamy, making it easy to blend and it lasts all day! Retails for £6.00
- Estée Lauder double wear stay in place foundation in shade ‘2N1 desert beige’: this claims to have 15 hour staying power… and after finally giving into the temptation of such a ‘hyped’ product… I can confirm it definitely does! This shade is perhaps a tad light for me, however I use bronzer to warm up my skin tone and love the outcome. I love that Estée Lauder offers such a wide range of colours for a multitude of different skin tones. I would also say, in my own opinion, foundation is probably the one product that is worth spending a little more on. Retails for £31.00
- L’Oréal lumi magique base primer: paired with a semi-matte foundation, such as EL double wear, this hydrating and illuminating primer gives the perfect healthy glow, and stays all day! I’m all in for high end products, but with products like this one, at such an affordable price, there really is no need to fork out. Retails for around £10.00
- Rimmel stay matte powder in ‘translucent’: another oldie… does what it says on the tin…. never fails me! Matte enough to stop any greasy looking areas, however maintains a healthy glow and lets your natural radiance shine through. Retails for under £5.00
- MUA whipped velvet blush in shade ‘spry’: velvet is the only way to describe this! With a cream application, to a powder finish…. this adds such a natural flush to the skin and is so easy to blend. I believe there are quite a few shades in this range also, which I’m yet to try! Retails under £4.00
- Real techniques ‘contour’ brush: another favourite of mine… instead of contour, I use this one for highlight; as it’s small enough to add just the right amount of highlight to the cheekbones, nose and Cupid’s bow. These brushes never shed and wash up so well! After probably 3 years with this brush, it’s still in amazing tact. Retails for around £7.00
- U-spicy eye brush: this came in a set, so cheaply from eBay! I use this to apply face powder under my eyes to set my concealer and it picks up the right amount of powder and is so soft and delicate for the eyes!
It really is so difficult for me to narrow all of the make up products I love down, to just a ‘few’ products, but these are the ones I’m loving currently. As mentioned before, I often switch up bronzers, highlighters and eye and lip products too…. so watch out for these in an upcoming post…
Thank you for reading, I hope you enjoyed.
* disclaimer: all opinions are my own and all products were purchased using my own money.
*please note, all prices are approximate and may vary between retailers.